Pathway to RAD Registered Teacher Status (RTS)
This new course is aimed at teachers with a ballet teaching qualification at Level 4 or higher, or equivalent, and RAD RTS status will be conferred on successful completion of each of the course modules.
As a registered teacher, you will also gain recognition by joining our professional network of over 8,000 other teachers enjoying the benefits of membership such as:
- access to the Members’ Area of the RAD website
- a subscription to Dance Gazette, Focus on Members, Focus on Exams and Focus on Education publications
- a monthly e-newsletter,
- inclusion in the RAD’s ‘Find a Teacher’ online search, and
- a 10% discount in the RAD shop.
The Pathway to RTS consists of three compulsory distance learning modules. These are supported by online study materials, one hour of academic guidance via email and telephone, and group discussion via a student forum.
Achievement is measured against learning outcomes for each module and successful completion of assessments. Self-assessment is available through participation in study tasks and group discussion via the student forum.
Assessment will consist of:
- an online questionnaire
- submission of a 6-week unit of work for a chosen syllabus and a detailed lesson plan, and
- submission of a DVD demonstrating, as a teacher, selected RAD syllabus extracts with a 45-60 minute practical lesson of selected RAD Graded or Vocational Graded Syllabi settings. This should be accompanied by a written critical self-evaluation of the class (500 words).
All assessments are Pass/Fail with one opportunity to re-sit.
A ballet teaching qualification at Level 4 or higher (or equivalent). Please see Application Guidelines below.
The language of delivery is English. If English this is not your first language, please visit the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) website. Although the test is not required, it is a good indicator of the standard of English required for the programme. You should achieve a score of 6 or more on the IELTS test.
Admission to the March 2017 cohort is being offered at a Special Introductory Fee of £1,750.
Please note that the deadline for application is 31 December 2016. The Pathway will commence on 1 March 2017.
For further information about applications, contact email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7326 8094.