Why choose us?
Just a few reasons to further your dance education with the RAD...
Studying at the RAD
- RAD graduates are in demand - Our graduates are highly sought after by employers, with 100% employment rate on some of our programmes.
- Connected with the world of dance - We have partnerships and connections with hundreds of dance education organisations around the world. Our work placements and field trips augment your learning experience and ensure that you are well prepared for the workplace.
- London - an exciting place to study - The excitement of the West End, the splendour of The Royal Opera House, Sadler's Wells and numerous museums and art galleries are on your doorstep. London is an amazing city and a world class centre for culture and the arts.
- World class education at an affordable price - We make our programmes as accessible as possible to all students and are committed to delivering world class education at an affordable price.
- We are an international organisation - We welcome students from all around the world and currently have students from 73 different countries studying with us. We have 34 international offices and offer one programme in seven different languages.
- History & experience - When you join us as a student you will become part of an organisation that has a long and distinguished history. Established in 1920, we have 95 years experience in training and educating dance teachers.
- Professional membership - As a student you gain access to the professional membership body of the Royal Academy of Dance, which, in addition to a global support network, ensures you have a competitive advantage from day one.
- Registered Teacher status - Most of our students are eligible for registration as teachers with the RAD on completion of their programme.
- Student satisfaction - Our students are satisfied with their study experience, with most of our programmes gaining over 90% in surveys.
London is one of the most exciting and diverse cities in the world. With its landmark buildings, iconic skyline, top attractions and renowned theatres, it has long been a leading cultural centre for the arts.
Located, next to the banks of the River Thames in Battersea, the RAD is less than four miles from the excitement of London’s West End. Getting around is easy with buses right on the doorstep and Clapham Junction train station just a 20 minute walk or short bus ride away.
London is a truly diverse and international city with over 300 different languages being spoken. It has over 100 theatres (47 in the West End alone) including renowned venues such as the Royal National Theatre, Old Vic and The Globe Theatre.
A leading cultural centre for ballet and dance with stunning venues such as the Royal Opera House, London Coliseum, Sadler's Wells, Barbican Theatre, Royal Albert Hall and productions from companies such as English National Ballet, The Royal Ballet and Rambert Dance Company. There are also hundreds of live music venues including the O2 and Wembley Stadium, as well as countless cinemas, pubs and clubs.
There are over 250 museums and numerous art galleries including National Gallery, Royal Academy of Arts, Haywards Gallery, Barbican Art Gallery and Tate Modern.
With eight Royal Parks, around 110 square km of parkland and gardens and over six million trees, London is one of the greenest capital cities in the world. The 200 acre space of Battersea Park, with its boating lakes, art gallery, all weather tennis courts and year-round calendar of events is less than two miles from the RAD.