Our score catalogue, compiled and edited by Tania Inman, provides an international listing of Benesh Movement Notation scores of professional dance works recorded 1955 - 1998.
Of the 1,750 BMN dance scores in the repertoire, more than 250 are available for education, research, teaching dances from the repertoire and as a tool for the analysis of movement, rhythm, phrasing and the structure of dance works.
The RAD’s Phillip Richardson Library houses a unique collection of over 500 Benesh scores including recordings of great choreographic works such as:
- Ashton’s La Fille mal Gardée
- Peter Wright’s The Nutcracker
- MacMillan’s Romeo and Juliet, and
- Hans Van Manen’s Five Tangos.
The collection also encompasses a number of scores which explore the use of BMN as a tool for anthropological and clinical research, such as Julia McGuiness’s Application of Benesh Movement Notation to Cerebral Palsy Research and Andrée Grau’s study of Ugandan dances.
Information about individual scores can be found online in the Library Catalogue. Select the Expert Search option and search in BMN scores.
This 32 page PDF lists the scores in the Benesh Score Catalogue.
- Benesh Movement Notation for Ballet (text book) by Monica Parker
- Benesh Editor Software (Lite Version)
- Benesh Editor Software (Professional Version)
- Benesh for Ballet (ibooks) by Rhonda Ryman-Kane and Robyn Hughes Ryman
- Motion Bank - a Notation Response by Victoria Watts
- Copyright notices - revised code of practice 2005
- Introducing the Benesh Notation Editor
- Kenneth MacMillan and BMN - Revealing MacMillan (conference 2002)
- N Dromgoole QEII citation for Joan and Rudolf Benesh