Changes to the CPD scheme
As you are aware, we’ve been reviewing the scheme to make sure that the model is right for both the RAD and for its members.
The review took place in two stages, with a membership survey and a series of member focus groups. This was followed by an independent review.
This review highlighted a number issues and the final report made several recommendations for change. A proposal to implement some of these was approved by the Board of Trustees on 17 December.
For implementation in the 2016/17 CPD year:
- A reduction of the annual minimum CPD requirement from 24 to 20 hours made up of
- a minimum of 10 hours of time-valued CPD
- a maximum of 10 hours of independent CPD
- Simplifying application for an Exemption – you can now apply at the same time as your declaration
- Simplifying the CPD model and its terminology, for example ‘Credit-rated CPD’
- A simple visual guide to help members understand the new model
- A focus on delivering a wider range of non-syllabus courses worldwide; working with National Managers and Directors to deliver what is important to you
- A review of the CPD regulations for ‘non-active’ Life Teachers
- Creating one dedicated CPD team within the RAD, ensuring that each member of staff is familiar with every aspect of the scheme (currently it is split between the CPD and membership teams)
A more detailed outline of these changes has been sent to members with Issue 1, 2016 of Dance Gazette or you can download a copy.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please email them to email@example.com. Alternatively, speak to the team at headquarters, your regional or national manager, director or representative.
For an informal chat about CPD, find your local CPD Ambassador.