Music at the RAD
Music-making – performing, publishing and recording – is an important part of the RAD’s work, and the work that our teachers, members and students do.
In these pages you can find out more about several different aspects of music:
- For musicians contains articles that will mainly be of interest to ballet accompanists, though teachers and students might find some of these useful too. This now also includes our Code of Conduct for Pianists.
- Music in the syllabus is a collection of articles, links and video clips that tell you more about the music you hear in RAD classes and examinations.
- Music for RAD events has details of the set music for the Genée International Ballet Competition and the Phyllis Bedells Bursary (UK only). Information about music for similar events in the future will also be posted here.
- Music in your school is about the everyday practicalities of using music in teaching: copyright and licensing, buying or renting keyboards and sound systems.
- News – check here for updates on new publications, changes to exam procedures that affect musicians, details of conferences, and for occasional articles about dance musicians around the world in Meet the Musician.
Under Vacancies for musicians you will find information about audition procedures at RAD Headquarters, as well as details of any current vacancies.