RAD Teachers’ Hardship Fund
Applications open for the 2017/18 Hardship Fund on 1 August 2017
Launched for the 2016/17 Membership year, the RAD Teachers’ Hardship Fund is a discretionary fund available to provide discounted membership fees to RAD Registered Teachers who are experiencing exceptional financial hardship. The Fund can help alleviate unexpected financial hardship and RAD Registered Teachers who may be considering cancelling their membership because of financial problems are particularly encouraged to apply.
RAD Registered Teachers who are experiencing financial hardship may be allocated a 50% or 20% reduction in the full teacher rate for that membership year.
Applications open on 1 August 2017, and we recommend that you apply no later than 1 September 2017. However, we will accept applications after this date if there are funds available.
Who can Apply?
- Applicants must be able to prove that they are in financial hardship when applying to the Fund.
- The Academy accepts the following reasons for applications; critical illness or bereavement which has impacted on earnings, financial crisis in their country of residence, unemployment or other financial hardship.
- All applicants are required to have been an RAD Registered Teacher normally for a minimum of 1 consecutive years and have paid, in full, their RAD Registered Teacher subscription for the previous membership year.
- RAD Registered Teachers worldwide can apply to the Fund.
- Teachers recognised by mutual agreement are not eligible to apply to the Fund.
In 2016 – 2019, Funds will be allocated from the Fiona Campbell legacy, left to the Academy by the former RAD teacher and examiner. We are very grateful
that the Fiona Campbell legacy has enabled us to establish a RAD Teachers’ Hardship Fund. However, the funds provided by the legacy are limited, regrettably, we will not be able to fulfil every application received and will not always be able to meet the costs that you might apply for.
The RAD will be implementing a range of activities to raise additional finance for the Teachers’ Hardship Fund with the hope that we will be able to continue the fund after the money generously provided by the Fiona Campbell legacy ends. If you are interested in contributing to the fund, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about your application contact the Membership team email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7326 8070.