Become a Teacher
Gain recognition when you join our professional network of approximately 8,000 teachers registered with the RAD.
From £141/€200 per year.
Join our global community by completing and returning the online application form.
|Print Benefits||Online Benefits||Discounts||Additional benefits|
|Welcome pack||Access to the Members' Area||
20% off non-syllabus products regardless of spend in the RAD shop. On syllabus resources, you'll receive 10% off — or 20% off orders over £200*.
*E-Books are subject to 10% discount only.
|Enter candidates for RAD exams|
|Membership card||Monthly e-newsletter||A generous discount on RAD CPD courses||Register your school as an RAD exam centre|
|Teaching registration certificate||JobSearch International ™||Selected International events and courses||Use of initials RAD RTS|
|Dance Gazette magazine||Included in teachers online search||Vocational Graded Examinations*||Use of the RAD collective Mark|
|Focus on Members magazine||Focus on Education magazine||20% off studio and room bookings||Attend the AGM and have voting rights**|
|Focus on Exams magazine||Members' Insurance Scheme (UK only)||Apply to be an Associate of the RAD (ARAD)**|
|30% off RRP Freed uniform wear
|Hospital & Medical Care (UK and Ireland only)||Enhanced Disclosure Service|
|Priority booking for international events|
|Philip Richardson Library access|
*From Advanced Foundation upwards.
**Terms and conditions apply.
Subscriptions will run until 31 August 2017.
Teachers reinstating their memberships will be charged an additional reinstatement fee.
ELIGIBILITY criteria for RAD registered teacher
Teachers should hold one of the following RAD awards:
Current Offered Programmes:
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education (BABE)
- BA (Hons) Dance Education (BADE)*
- Diploma of Higher Education: Ballet Education
- Diploma of Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies (DDTS)
- Certificate of Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Certificate of Higher Education: Ballet Education*
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS)
- Professional Dancer's Teaching Diploma (PDTD)
- Master in Teaching (Dance)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Dance Teaching (PGCE:DT)
- Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate (PDPTC)
- Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Dance (LRAD)
Previously Offered Programmes:
- Teaching Certificate Programme (TCP)
- Teaching Diploma Programme (TD)
- BA (Hons) in the Art and Teaching of Ballet
*Eligible for RTS upon successful completion of a Teaching portfolio.
Pathway to RAD Registered Teacher Status (rts)
This new course is aimed at teachers with a ballet teaching qualification at Level 4 or higher, or equivalent, and RAD RTS status will be conferred on successful completion of each of the course modules.
Read more about the Pathway to RAD RTS.
Code of conduct
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As best practice, the RAD recommends that its teaching members apply for an Enhanced Disclosure (or equivalent) with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Disclosure Scotland or other equivalent international body every three years. RAD Registered teachers in the UK can apply via the Registered Umbrella Body; Due Diligence Checking Ltd (DDC)
If you need further information, or have any questions, contact the Membership Team at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 7326 8070.