We are pleased to announce that the Genée International Ballet Competition 2017 will be held in Lisbon, Portugal from 7–16 September.
Portugal’s beautiful coastal capital is Europe's second-oldest capital after Athens. As the former home of Vasco da Gama, Ferdinand Magellan and Prince Henry the Navigator, its influence and stature as a world city is undeniable. With its mixture of history, tradition, and vibrant contemporary culture, we are hugely excited about Lisbon playing host to the competition for the very first time.
Venues & dates
- Coaching will take place at the studios of Companhia Nacional de Bailado (CNB) from 8–12 September.
- The Semi-Finals will be held at Teatro Tivoli BBVA on 13 & 14 September.
- The Final will be held at Teatro Camões on 16 September.
Candidate applications will open on 1 July 2017.
For more information, see our Genée eligibility page.
Accommodation and flights
Flights to Lisbon
Airlines Monarch, Easyjet and TAP Portugal offer flights to Lisbon from various destinations. An economy return flight from London to Lisbon starts from £131* To search for flights, visit www.skyscanner.net.
* Price based on one passenger travelling on 15 September, returning on 17 September 2017 with one piece of hand luggage. Information correct as of 25/04/17.
Hotels in Lisbon
There are many hotels in Lisbon to choose from. The 4 star Tivoli Oriente Hotel is located close to both the airport and Teatro Camoes (the theatre hosting the Genée Final) and rooms start at £89 per night* To view a range of hotels available in Lisbon, visit www.booking.com.
* Price based on two people sharing on 16 September (excludes breakfast). Information correct as of 25/04/17.