Our charitable activities
The RAD is a registered charity in England and Wales, and operates with charitable or not-for-profit status in many countries around the world.
Our core activities as experts in dance teacher education, as a membership body, and as an examinations board, are complemented by our charitable work. This reaches into communities around the world to advocate the benefits of dance and to provide opportunities individuals from all backgrounds the chance to experience the joy of dance.
Our portfolio of charitable activity currently includes:
- The Genée International Ballet Competition, providing a world stage for talented and aspiring young dancers
- Bursary support to young dancers
- RADiate, offering highly-specialised dance and movement classes to young people with Special Educational Needs
- Step into Dance, a major London-based outreach project bringing dance into over 200 secondary and special schools
- Dance for Lifelong Wellbeing, a project that brings dance classes to older adults
- Activities and projects targeting the engagement of boys and men in dance
- Student support for those studying the Faculty of Education's portfolio of initial teacher training programmes
RAD offices throughout the UK and the world also offer a range of local bursaries and scholarships that enable young people to further their own dance aspirations.
To talk about any of these projects, and how you can support them, please contact our Fundraising and Development team.