The Royal Academy of Dance offers a wide range of courses, classes and workshops for young people
The Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) is committed to protecting your and your child’s online privacy when visiting any website that they operate. The RAD does not collect any personal information from online visitors unless it is volunteered and ask all children under the age of 16 to seek permission from a parent or guardian before using the site.
The Royal Academy of Dance, although not bound by the USA regulations set out in the Children's Online Privacy Protections Act of 1998, adheres to the best practices set out by this law as well as following the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK). The Royal Academy of Dance will endeavour to protect a child’s information from misuse. Read our Child Protection Policy.
Using your personal information
The electronic forms present on the website are designed to collect only the minimum amount of information required from visitors. We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
• to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling and create reports for internal use
• to contact you via email in the following circumstances
If you have provided your contact details to join our mailing list you have, in so doing, also consented the RAD to contact you on a monthly basis to keep you informed of Royal Academy of Dance information, offers and events.
• To unsubscribe from our communications list, please use the ‘Unsubscribe’ link sent to you in your email communication;
• Where you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have provided them with the information set out in these provisions and that they have not objected to such use of their personal information. Where you give us such information, you agree (and confirm that the other person has agreed) to our processing such information in the manner set out in these provisions.
• We will not disclose your information to third parties except where the law allows or requires or where you have given your permission for us to do so.
Full Data Protection Statement on paper application forms present on the website
The Royal Academy of Dance Group of companies provides dance training, dance notation, dance teacher education and dance assessment services to a range of customers. It holds contact details to enable it to provide customers and members with information on membership, programmes of study and courses, conferences, events and activities and related products, and resources that might be of interest. In providing us with your contact details you give us permission to contact you in relation to the business of the Academy and we will not disclose your information to any third parties except where legally required to do so.
If you do not wish to receive any information about or from the Royal Academy of Dance please tick here □
We may, from time to time, contact you individually about other carefully selected third party services which we think may be of interest to you.
If you wish to receive information from the Royal Academy of Dance about carefully selected third party services please tick here □
For any enquiries regarding this Privacy Statement please contact:
Richard Thom, Data Protection Controller
Royal Academy of Dance
36 Battersea Square
London SW11 3RA
telephone: +44 (0)20 7326 8000
fax: +44 (0)20 7924 3129
The RAD wishes to encourage children to use the internet safely. The following are a few suggestions for safe use of the internet:
• Adults can help by spending time online with children to explain the kind of sites they are happy for them to access and those that they shouldn't.
• The Royal Academy of Dance will endeavour to protect a child's information from misuse however you can help by advising your children not to disclose their personal information to strangers and to inform you if they come across anything strange or unusual.
• Limiting the time your children spend online every day will ensure that they are more focused about the material they want to find from websites.
• The linked sites are not under the control of the Royal Academy of Dance and the RAD cannot be responsible for the contents of any linked site or link contained in a link site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The Royal Academy of Dance is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any other linked site. The Royal Academy of Dance is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any other link does NOT imply endorsement by the Royal Academy of Dance of the site.
• If you would like further information about the dangers posed by new technology and what safeguards you as parents / guardians can use visit Childnet International. To ensure safety, there are no live chat rooms on Radacadabra - all messages and postings are sent directly to the webmaster at RAD headquarters, and are moderated before they are uploaded to the site.
Dancers across Scotland have left little to the imagination to create Genée Uncovered
RAD Conference: Dance and Lifelong Wellbeing, 26-28 April 2013
Booking for the Introduction to the new Advanced Foundation, Advanced 1 and Advanced 2 syllabi Teachers’ courses is now open.